Where weddings, children's parties, DIY and event stationery come to life!Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)
Are you intimidated by all those beautiful pinterest pictures and stunning wedding blogs that seem to have effortless grace and zero stress? Whilst it may seem daunting to begin planning your own wedding, with our Top Ten Tips, you’ll be sailing through the decisions in no time! So without further ado, here are our Top 10 Tips For Perfect Wedding Planning.
1. Don’t make snap decisions - the most important things on your ‘to do’ list are expensive items and more to the point, are going to be seen in your wedding photos forevermore. With the Internet awash with beautiful wedding photos, why not take the time to investigate different options and themes you could go for, that way when you are ready to shop for those important items, you have a much greater knowledge of what’s out there and won’t experience any buyers remorse or find something better
2. Prepare properly - before you make any big decisions, it’s important to have a good idea of what you are envisaging for your wedding. If you don’t know whether to have a grand weekend or a small buffet lunch, it’s a little impossible to start asking guests or to book an appropriate reception place. You also need to ensure that the date is far enough away that you can hire the vendors you want, have all the preparations completed and can afford to pay for everything.
3. Prioritise - if your budget is more cask wine than champagne, you may have to compromise on some of your thoughts. Rank in order of importance the items you want for your wedding and see how far your budget will stretch. It may be that you choose a less popular (and therefore cheaper) month to get married, or perhaps those caviar starters may have to be vetoed. And remember that whilst diy is often a great way to be thrifty, items like wedding invitations often end up to be more expensive in the long run as you don’t have access to wholesale materials or quality printer pricing, so make sure you properly cost out items before making DIY decisions.
4. Delegate - don’t be afraid to ask for help or to delegate a task to someone you know who is more knowledgable in that area. You may have friends who have recently married that will have great tips or a relation who would be ideal to help with reception seating plans. It’s more fun to share your ideas with some of those you’re close to and can help take the pressure off.
5. Get Support - your attendants on the day are there not only because they are your nearest and dearest but because they are there to help. Please choose them carefully and wisely. If they can’t be supportive then you are only giving yourself potential headaches. You can often stop any potential hurt feelings by putting people like this in important roles such as ushers or readers at the ceremony where you can honour them but not have their dramas near you on the day
6. Theme - wedding planning flows much more easily when you have something to tie all the elements together. A colour, a flower, a location, a style… There are many themes you could introduce and put your own spin on and you’ll be surprised with the creativeness you will have once you start building your visions through a theme.
7. Book - this is a simple one. Make sure you book all the main items early to avoid disappointment. Work on your theme and size first then book your ceremony and reception. Photographer and videographer next, with other details then following close behind. Popular venues and vendors can be fully booked 12-18 months ahead so getting in early is very important.
8. Schmooze - talk yourself silly to people who know about weddings. Wedding expos are a fabulous place to find vendors and to ask them questions. Online wedding forums are also a goldmine if you need to ask specific questions. You may find a new friend or two as well! Blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, facebook groups on weddings are also fabulous resources for a curious bride.
9. Relax - a stressed bride is a bride that forgets the minute details or leaves things until last minute and gets a rushed job. Remember, nobody likes bridezilla either!
10. Be yourself - There’s no point in having a wedding at all if it doesn’t reflect the couple that you are. The only people that truly matter are those that will be besotted with the wedding photos in 10 years. And that would be you and your groom.
Pinterest has become such an influential player in sharing parties and weddings of all sorts. It provides inspiration, links to brilliant event vendors and lets everyone share the wonder of something special you created. And now thanks to this brilliant competition created by Spaceships and Laserbeams, you have the opportunity to follow 30 of the best event pinners online.
Simply fill out the Rafflecopter form below and you’ll not only be in the know with event planning, but you’ll also have the chance to win a cool $300 USD just in time for Christmas. Brilliant!
We couldn’t have held this giveaway without an amazing group of bloggers and small businesses who love Pinterest as much as we do! They include:
Spaceships and Laser Beams, Soiree Event Design, Anders Ruff, Snap, Smart Party Planning, Jellyfish Prints, Lauren Haddox Design, DimplePrints, One Busy Mommy, Mimi’s Dollhouse, Designed by Dawn Nicole, Tried & True, The Flair Exchange, Three Little Monkeys Studio, Celebration Lane, Hello My Sweet, Paper & Cake, Creative Juice, A Cup Full of Sass, Not Just A Mommy, Frog Prince Paperie, Creative Designs by Toni, Fantabulosity, Recently Heard, Cozy Couture, A-Manda Creation, French Pemberley, Party Patisserie, PSA Stamp Camp, Live the Fancy Life, Be Envied Entertaining, UR invited, We Heart Parties, Ella and Annie Magazine
And that’s not all! Please refer to the Rafflecopter form to see everyone who participated!
People to Follow on Pinterest $300 Cash Giveaway
Sometimes you’re just so busy doing all those things that must take forefront that you forget what has and has not been posted on here. My apologies! The next few posts will be taken up with catching you up to date on all things I Will Invitations!
This first post is going to be about a party that we’re probably most famous for. It is based off our Owly Love Invitation Collection and was featured on Spoonful (a blog by Disney), Catch My Party, Red Tricycle and Hostess With The Mostess most notably.
We were so proud of this one, considering it was our first party to really go viral, so sit back and enjoy the pics of one of our favourites: